Brand: Kitchen Supply
- Aluminum Head with a Wooden Handle all Made in the USA,Aluminum head with rounded corners is 14-inch wide by 16-inch long with a 8-inch wooden handle.
- Transfer pizzas, delicate breads, pastries, into an oven where transferring them directly by hand could deform their delicate structure
- Peels allow food to be placed further back in an oven than could normally be reached by the baker
- Keep the baker's hands out of the hottest part of an oven, or prevent the baker from burning their hands on the hot baked goods
- Prior to use, peels are often sprinkled with flour, cornmeal, or milled wheat bran, to allow baked goods to easily slide onto and off them
Warranty: Guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and workmanship.
Details: A pizza peel is a shovel-like tool used by bakers to slide loaves of bread, pizzas, pastries, and other baked goods into and out of an oven. It is usually made of wood, with a flat carrying surface (like a shovel's blade) for holding the baked good and a handle extending from one side of that surface. Alternatively, the carrying surface may be made of sheet metal, which is attached to a wooden handle. The word presumably derives from the French pelle, which describes both a peel and a shovel. There are peels of many sizes, with the length of the handle suited to the depth of the oven, and the size of the carrying surface suited to the size of the food it is meant to carry (for instance, slightly larger than the diameter of a pizza).